While the heavy alternative sounds of Stone Temple Pilots, Our Lady Peace, with a touch of Beatles melodies are primary influences on Steve Gardiner’s sound, he has certainly forged his own way as a song writer, with heavy guitars, pop beats, and smooth thick melodies. With a #1 hit in Northern Europe ( “One Life”, with his band In and Out in the late 90’s, and a song that charted in Canada (“Empty House” A&M records), Steve has proven his ability to pen songs that compete with the best.
Steve’s solo career came to life after his band “Thermocline” called it quits in the late 90’s, and In the early 90’s, after being the front man for several bands, Including In And Out (A&M records Canada) Steve went live to promote his first solo CD, Noah’s Prescription. This first solo effort was quickly picked up by “Sour Music, Sony”. With promising success as a solo artist, Steve got the attention of Russell Broom, a Juno award winning producer based out of Calgary Alberta who had come across some new songs that Steve was working on. With the help of Bob and Clint Moffatt (The Moffats) on bass and drums, and Russell playing guitar and producing, a second solo album was born and “Sonic Leveling” quickly became a fan favourite with ear worms like “Liquid Karma” and Psychosexual. Steve did some extensive club and festival touring on both of these records up until about 2008.
In 2013, Steve proudly released his long awaited and highly anticipated third solo recording “Absence Makes The Heart Beat Faster.” on SGMGroupArtists Canada. It’s a collection of rock songs (with a few club mix bonus tracks) that will be sure to win you over as a fan! “Absence Makes The Heart Beat Faster” is a collection of songs documenting his evolution as an artist, as well as many personal changes in Steve’s life from 2008 on. “Hyperactive” describes his jump into the club scene, where he re re-invented himself, while ” Addicted” talks about a rebirth into his true addiction….music!
Working from his studio in Ottawa this time, Steve not only produces and records his own music with his own band members, but he also serves other artists as a songwriter, engineer and producer
- about 1 week agoStarting to film scenes for the new @AndrewCassara music video for an awesome new track that y'all are going to <3 .
- about 1 week ago🌈I think Canada should offer emergency entry into our country for our bothers and sisters in Chechnya.🌈
- about 1 week agoI think I'm in love with @charlieputh #ATTENTIONCharliePuth is an amazing track. Voice sounds great, awesome production on this recording.
- about 1 week agoAll of the best things in life, are on the other side of fear. Do not age afraid, take a leap of faith and prosper.
- about 1 week agoThere are days when it is safer for the human race if I just stay in bed. This is one of those days. #lowpatiencelevelswhendealimgwithstupid